Gluten Free Tips and Recipes

Simple recipes will get you started baking gluten free and before you know it you'll be a pro. It's fast, easy and (did I mention?) delicious!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Osteoporosis and a Gluten Free Diet

I often feel the need to rationalize satisfying my sweet tooth so I was delighted to read yesterday that the Archives of Internal Medicine, a very reputable medical journal, reported on a new study that showed people with osteoporosis may also have a higher risk of celiac disease, one of the main reasons people eat a gluten free diet.

"Why would that be good news?" you might ask. Well, they go on to say, "After one year on a gluten-free diet, BMD (bone mineral density) improved."

I read that to mean that I can eat all the gluten free cheesecake I want guilt-free!

Stay tuned for my favourite cheesecake recipe, gluten free and packed with calcium. What a combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home